Saturday 10 August 2013

Mill Valley

I was only supposed to stay with Rachel for the weekend, but I ended up having such a great time that I stayed a whole extra week.

We went shopping all over San Francisco, and I spent way too much but I can't bring myself to regret it!

Nachos for lunch - yummy!
Rachel's mum (Also called Lucy) showed me around Mill Valley, including a trip to the richest part of town. Damn those houses were big! She told me a story about one of the families that lives there, and how each kid has their own floor... forget a room, here have a whole floor to yourself!


Oh and here's some proof of all the lovely things I bought, including the best Jeans ever, which have a little secret message hidden in them. Google Lucky Brand Jeans if you wanna know! I felt, after that particular spree, that I was living the real life movie-America, just like I'd always secretly wanted. (Hasn't every girl whose watched movies like Legally Blonde and Clueless?)


Anyway, as well as shopping, I spent some time with people roughly my age, doing ordinary teenage things, in their hometown. It was nice to be part of a group again, to gossip etc. - the kind of things you can't do when you travel alone/constantly meet new people.



One of my favourite days was when we went to see the sunset standing in a place the locals call "Sunset". It over looks Stinson Beach (a place we'd gone to previously) and a whole load of rolling hills. I went with Rachel, Alaina, Claire and Jerb or Justin and my camera battery died after 2 photos so thanks Alaina for letting me take about 500 photos on your phone! Here are a few of my favourites:





A Sunday later than planned, Lucy and Delaine (Rachel's parents) drove me to my next Workaway experience in Fort Bragg. Along the way we stopped off at a Vineyard and ate a lovely meal. The Vineyard belonged to a famous movie director (Francis Ford Coppola) and had lots of photos and props from all his movies which was pretty cool.

Sorry that it has taken soo long to update my blog, but I guess it's getting so close to the end of my entire Gap Year that I feel like... if I update my blog, that's it, it's over, but if I leave it, then my journey will continue ;)

Bye for now!
Lucy from around the world

No comments:

Post a Comment